Thursday, March 21, 2013

Life and Times of an Otaku: Makeovers and HEADER CONTEST!!!!



Good morning, good afternoon, good evening! I know it's been a while, but here I am to give you some updates and a kick ass contest!!

These past couple months have been pretty hectic and busy for me. I'm in my last semester of college, and I plan to graduate in May. I still have that part time job selling fabric and crafts, and it helps fuel my little anime collection (Beck is currently on the way!). I'm currently the Stage Manager of our school's production coming up in April. I've also been busy applying to graduate schools, and I hope to start in the fall. So, as you can see, it's made it difficult to put out as many reviews as I have done in the past. Hell, I haven't caught up on the current shows from the Winter season since my last Impressions post a couple months back. Luckily, I have a few more reviews scheduled so I have something to give you all! Also, some Bukkit staff and I have a new Bukkit Banter currently in the editing process.

Today, as I waited to start an eight hour shift at work, I decided it was time to give the blog a MUCH needed makeover. After looking at what my current layout was, I knew I wanted to have something much more permanent and simplistic. It didn't really take too long to set up, but boy doesn't it look fancy? But there's still something missing.... I can't put my finger on it..... Oh yeah!!

A NEW HEADER!!!

Now here's where the contest part comes in! Since my 50th anime review is near, and I wanted to create a new header, I figured why not give one lucky winner something extremely awesome!! Here's how it'll work: from now until April 1st, anyone can submit a banner to my email address. The banner has to have the following:

1. Must be saved as a jpg or png
2. Must be no bigger than 1210 pixels wide and 300 pixels high
3. Must include the following words:
Lilac Anime Reviews
A blog for anime, by anime fans.......
4. A picture of a flower incorporated into the banner
5. Something anime related incorporated into it

Now let's talk about the prizes!

1st Place Winner:
1. Their Header be used for LAR
2. Pick review #50 for LAR
3. Have any of their other work (Devientart, etc) be promoted under the Other Otakus section

2nd Place Winner:
1. Request a Review with their series of choice for a later time
2. Have any of their other work (Devientart, etc) be promoted under the Other Otakus section

To enter the contest, send all submissions to lilacanimereview@gmail.com! Deadline is April 1st at 12AM EST!

Until next time, good luck and otaku on my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment